- 70g of butter, at room temperature, plus extra for greasing
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp almond milk or rice milk
- 150g white or wholegrain spelt flour, sifted
- 2 ½ tsp of mixed spice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 25g chia seeds
- 60g walnuts roughly chopped walnuts
- 100g of coconut palm sugar
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup of RAWBEING organic cacao nibs
Preheat the oven to 180℃. Grease a (10 x 20cm) loaf tin and line the base and sides with parchment paper.
Combine the coconut sugar and butter in a large bowl. Mix together until creamed.
Beat in the eggs by hand or with an electric hand - held mixer, a little at a time, followed by the mashed banana and milk. Mix well till combined.
Add the rest of the ingredients to a separate bowl.
Slowly fold the dry mix with the butter and sugar mixture, don’t over mix. Sprinkle more cacao nibs over the top.
Transfer the mixture to the greased loaf tin and bake for around 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Remove from the oven to cool in the tin for around 10 minutes, then onto a wire rack to completely cool.
The cake is at its best the day its made, but will keep for up to 3 days in a sealed container.